Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Question about active v. pilots

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

hi there
I have a question for you today

In the european sq. the v.pilots that are members to each flying Sq.
do they have to pass some kind of training to continue then to the Flying Sq. ????

Here in e-haf we use such a method, meaning that members that desire to join the Fighting Squadron must pass a full training program, that teached the v.pilot to fly and use the F-16 and its systems.

All these are included in 4 sections, that virtualy corresponds to the 4 years real fighting pilots stay in the Fighting School.

After that the v.pilot must pass 2 exams on what he learned, in two flights
one daily and one in night enviroment....

If he pass , then its called an evaluated pilot, joins 391 F.Q. and gets the Rank of Flying 2nd Lt. while getting the graduate degree in pdf format

:D
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος Anzac την 16 Αύγ 2005, 20:39, έχει επεξεργασθεί 1 φορά συνολικά.
e-HAF Admin
eutoposWildcat

Δημοσίευση από eutoposWildcat »

Well, we are defining a whole cursus for pilots, with different status depending on what a pilot learnt, such as Trainee, Pilot, Flight Leader, Mission Commander.

Each squadron belonging to the VEAF is divided in three sections, called "cellules": an air-combat cellule, a strike cellule and a SEAD cellule. Each cellule must be made of six to eight pilots, ideally.
So the cursus of each virtual pilot will change according to the kind of cellule he chose to fly in.
In consequence, you can find "SEAD Pilot" or "air-combat Flight Leader" as a definition of the "rank" of a pilot.

To be a flight teacher, you have to have validated the specific "rank" you want to teach. Any virtual pilot can teach to any other virtual pilot, as long as he has already validated what he wants to teach (it seems obviously logic :wink: ).
Εικόνα
eutoposWildcat

As for Mirage 2000 pilots (Mirage 2000-5 pilots for the EC09.235 and Mirage 2000C and D for my EC10.235 squadron), the cursus will also beadapted, when some differences appear with the Viper. :wink:

Besides, there are only two cellules, strike and air-combat, in the EC10.235, as we only fly Mirage 2000 (C and D versions) and there are no SEAD weapons available for Mirage 2000.
Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

my main question is how do you pass those pilots to a squadron?

ex. i am a new member and i want to fly with you
what is the proccedure?

how do you know i know well F4 to fly to a squadron

i described the proccedure how e-HAF works :D
e-HAF Admin
Famas
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Famas »

Well,

The recrue, choose this VEAF Squadron's... (VEAF = Virtual European Air Force. That's mean, in the future, if they want, some European Squadron will can be join VEAF :German Squadron, Greek Squadron, etc...)

The new pilot obtains his VEAF license as soon has he join a VEAF Squadron. Then, the pilot must to participate at some officials flights of the Squadron per month in order to conserve his license.

The formation is specific at the different VEAF Squadrons. That's meen, if a pilot want to fly in the "Air-Air Combat Cellule" in EC09.235 in board of Mirage 2000-5F, he will not have the same formation that a new pilot in "Air-Air Combat Cellule" of EC08.235 for exemple. ;) And, the formation can be different between the differents cellules. For Exemple, a new pilot in a "Air-Air Combat Cellule" of EC09.235 will not have the same formation that a new pilot in "Strike Cellule" of EC09.235. ;)

I hope that I expressed myself in a good english :oops: ;)
09th WTAC "Griffons"
Εικόνα Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

there is still some confusion :?

do you mean that all of the v.pilots must know well the simulator
to enter one of the Cellules???

what is someone is starting right now to learn the sim from the scratch
and wants to join ???
e-HAF Admin
eutoposWildcat

Actually, every VEAF squadron defines its own demands to accept a new virtual pilot. I mean that they may seek very good proficiency or not, depending on their needs :wink: .

As for EC08, 09 and 10, we do not care about the skills possessed by a virtual pilot at the moment he desires to belong to a squadron, we simply teach the newbie everything he needs to know, according to the speciality he chose (AA, strike or SEAD) and the plane he flies. Human criteria prevail. :D
We (the members of the VEAF) are defining together a precise common cursus for now, as it is one of the tool we have to create.

EC01 and EC02 might be more demanding about the skills of the pilots who want to be part of them.
Εικόνα
Peled

Δημοσίευση από Peled »

Hi Anzac !
Good question-I think that the answer is known,is'nt?
I believe that every VFS wherever want the best pilots in...so the answer is clear...we had few squad. here but all of them were closed due joining the army of the members...now we have a new squad. here ,the 117vfs... i was in ,but due lack of time(building an Add-On IsraeliTheatre) i go out from there...as far as i know,there is a flight school there...we have site and a forum with a corner only to the flight school pilots...so after passing the tests wich are according to the IAF "Silabus" they get their wings !...
So far there are 8 pilots there....btw: i am goody in A/A more then A/G ...
Anzac έγραψε: my main question is how do you pass those pilots to a squadron?
ex. i am a new member and i want to fly with you
what is the proccedure?
Well...i think it's classified for each Squad. ....is'nt? :wink: we have a "Silabus" according to the real IAF Flight-School procedure ...and we are going according this material..... :lol:

Interesting thread Anzac,i hope to read here more thoughts...
Rigards !

Peled.
F4ITDG-Falcon4 Israeli Theater Development Group.

http://f4itdg.aceboard.com
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

eutoposWildcat έγραψε: we simply teach the newbie everything he needs to know, according to the speciality he chose
this is what i wanted to know
do you have a standard training program that the newbie must follow ???

does the newbie flyies the lessons off line or online with an instructor ???

for e-HAF:
if i didnt confuse you in my first post above, i described how things work in e-haf
i post it again
Here in e-haf we use such a method, meaning that members that desire to join the Fighting Squadron must pass a full training program, that teaches the v.pilot to fly and use the F-16 and its systems.

All these are included in 4 sections, that virtualy corresponds to the 4 years real fighting pilots stay in the Fighting School.

After that the v.pilot must pass 2 exams on what he learned, in two flights
one daily and one in night enviroment....

If he pass , then its called an evaluated pilot, joins 391 F.Q. and gets the Rank of Flying 2nd Lt. while getting the graduate degree in pdf format
i didnt say that the newbie must fisrt read the lesson matterial of the section that he is, take notes and have in mind questions for his Instructor.

Then we arrange an online meeting according to our "free time" and we meet online and fly together the appropriate mission, ex. CCIP/CCRP/DTOS training mission etc.
if the newbie has questions we try to solve all of them.......
if everything goes ok, then he procced to the next chapter of the section he is in, or change section.....

You can say that things are a little hard and takes time, cause the newbie must learn all of them to be ready for the 2 exams, exams that brings to them many times some stress !

If they are sure they are ready to give the exams, the instructor creates two missions.

- one daily , with full strike program , with A-A/SAM/Naval threats ... The newbie takes the lead and must destroy all preplaned targets and land with safety.
If the targets are all destroyed but he is destroyed while RTB, the mission can be considered Successfull accoarding to the instructor and what he saw.

If successfull then the instructor creates a night mission. It doesnt have to be flown the same day, not to stress the v.pilot
In the night mission, he can put the newbie again to make strike mission , but use the planes HSI/NAV/TACAN etc for navigation instead of the HUD steerpoints, use the FLIR instead of the NVG's and much more

If he passes this one also, then he takes his degree and his wings, and the rank of 2nd Lt.

As you can see, the newbie is trained in full fighting enviroment
A-A / A-G / Sead / Formations ....

We have only one Sq. due to lack pilots, but soon we must create a new one, cause the pilots are increased and we now have more evaluated pilots

The new Sq. must have a different default plane, most propably a Mirage2K

thats for now
Any questions ? :D
e-HAF Admin
eutoposWildcat

Well, the system is pretty comparable here: :)
The trainee is supposed to read some documents relative to the theme of the lesson, and then he flies with a more experienced pilot, who will check what the trainee knows and explain what is not known or clearly understood and done. :wink:

To validate a part of the cursus, the trainee has to demonstrate online that he can fully accomplish that part in "real", but the trainee might have trained offline for the mission before the flight (it is usually preferable, as, thus, the trainee will more easily be able to point the things that remain unclear to him, so that the instructor can explain them farther).

Even if he becomes member of a squadron as soon as he is accepted, an unexperienced virtual pilot has to get the status of "Operational Pilot" to be engaged in inter-squadrons flights. :wink:
Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

i see

thanks

peled
how do you work in israel ?
e-HAF Admin
Peled

Δημοσίευση από Peled »

Anzac έγραψε:i see

thanks

peled
how do you work in israel ?
What you mean by saying "how do u work"?-we are working hard !... :wink:... well i have the Doc of our flight school(the real one)it's about 100 pages there...and only part 1.......i can tell you that we have 2 stages in A/A and then 2 stages in A/G..both beeginers("Bsisi") and proffesional("Mitkadem") in real the A4H are used for the "Mitkadem " stage ...in Falcon we have the same stages that each pilot has to pass:
A/A Beeginers(called here-"Bsisi")
A/A-Proffesional("Mitkadem")
then
A/G-"Bsisi"
A/G-"Mitkadem
I can't give the small details but in each stage the pilot is training various weapons (A/A-AIM-9 ,AIM-120,etc....A/G-Dumb bombs ,LGB,CBU,SEAD Weapons,etc.)
Then after each weapon he's tested by someone (usually the commander)
and at last he's tested in all combined Stages together...'till he get his wings!
ofcourse that other material are have to be learned such as ICP /DED/TACAN etc...
I hope i answered you Anzac !

Peled.

EDIT:
Please spell my name as Peled and not peled..... :wink: :lol:

Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

ok peled
oh! sorry Peled :twisted:

do you mean A-7 can take Aim-120 and Harms ????????
e-HAF Admin
Peled

Δημοσίευση από Peled »

Anzac- I wrote ther A4H not A7....It's the Skyhawk...
and no...no AIM or HARMS IIRC....but when they pass the tests and become real pilots they usually flying in the squadrons their based in and training for more 3-4 month these weapons....what i meant is in Falcon4 in the VFS we are not flying in A4H we are flying F16C so we can load AIM or such HARMS etc...i meant there for Falcon4 vfs's ....sorry if i confused you there...

:arrow: Peled.
:)

Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

sorry
misstyped
i meant A-4
e-HAF Admin
Απάντηση