This section is dedicated to our International <br>
English Language Speaking friends

Συντονιστής: Διαχείριση

Απάντηση
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

VEAF / eHAF meeting

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

atsalis_p έγραψε:Perhaps we could arange some mission all together, if you are interested,
flying several A2A setups, or DACTs.

having each team its own GCI...

I believe we wouldn't have problems with our OF setups.

atsalis_p
321vTS

Welcome!!!
I'm opening a new topic to answer you Atsalis, as it's a bit more than about the SOC ;).

Yes, be sure we are interested in such a meeting !

The weekly flight slot of the squadron I'm flying in is 19:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC every monday.
What are your flight slots ?
In the 10.235 we are flying Mirage 2000C and 2000D. But in the VEAF there are also two F-16 squadrons.

For the OF setup I think right now there are some litle things to check about datas as we've made some modifications. These are to be integrated to the GlobalFalcon 4.5 patch.
But I think it is not really a big deal, provided the day we are flying we all have the same ;).
Εικόνα
atsalis_p
320 ΠΜ Ίκαρος/ 320FW Pilot

Δημοσίευση από atsalis_p »

Well... that's a reply!! rasta

Couby, we were always interested about such meetings. Especialy concerning your Wing we had some contacts
some time ago, when you were using the IVC, but it didn't work out then.
I think the main problem was the setup, but now we will make it work!

Our flight slots depends on each Sqn.
Each Sqn has a standard day for gathering and continius flight activity everyday without scedual.
I would say the Sqns fly almost everyday.
More than that there is a great flexibility so we want have problems with the arangement.

The setup configuration is not my experty but we have the right guys to discuss that.

About acft each side should of cource fly the standard model used.
You are welcome to fly Mirage and we are going to like that.
If the cooperation goes on and we meet an F-16 VEAF Sqn then we will fly against/along F-16s.
I would like to say here that we have people who are fanatics with Mirage and fly mainly that.
Although we dont have a Mirage Sqn this is on scedual long ago.
And I think that everyone of us love this great acft even if we dont fly it.

So I thik it is going to be a hell of a meeting :twisted:

:Spooky:

atsalis_p
321vTS
Εικόνα
ALL GAVE SOME... BUT SOME GAVE ALL

Εικόνα
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

Cool :).

So if I understand well :oops: , it would be ok to get some pilots for a monday in the given slot (19:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC).
We just would have to define the first monday to open the fight 8) . That's it ?

For the setup we can use the OF 4.4.1 as the standard, and the OF Rapace Launcher to check settings.
Are you used to the Rapace Launcher ?

Actually in the VEAF we are using a standard with some litle tweaking. The major one is on Look-down coefficient to get back look-down performances with airborne radars. Cos with the stock OF4.3 (and also 4.4.1) there's no look-down performances... :(
There are also some modifications on Mirage performances (FMs, radar). We modified Mirage 2000D and N RCS to modelise as a compromise, the Cameleon. We are not really satisfied with it and we'll increase back RCS for a different compromise.

If your expert guys can have a look on this and tell us what they think about it.
You can have an idea of the result with that document : http://bistesal.perso.cegetel.net/Table%20Radar.pdf .

It will be integrated in the GlobalFalcon 4.5 patch.

Yet, for the moment, if you prefer to do with stock 4.4.1 we'll do. ;)

I'll prepare and suggest you some TE/scenarios. I think initialy about 2vs2 and 2vs4 based scenarios (a bit like the Arena 2vs2 for those who knew it) with GCI support.

Precisely, which aircrafts are you flying ? What are your favourite F-16 Blocks ? Which Mirage are you flying, -5 only ?
Εικόνα
Mystic_J

Δημοσίευση από Mystic_J »

So if I understand well Embarassed , it would be ok to get some pilots for a monday in the given slot (19:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC).
We just would have to define the first monday to open the fight Cool . That's it ?
Yes, we will define a Monday.
For the setup we can use the OF 4.4.1 as the standard, and the OF Rapace Launcher to check settings.
Are you used to the Rapace Launcher ?
We dont use Rapace Launcher, although I've seen it in Global Falcon. On the other hand, we could copy & paste your falconbms.cfg file in our root Falcon directory. That will ensure that our Config Editor is the same.

If your expert guys can have a look on this and tell us what they think about it.
You can have an idea of the result with that document : http://bistesal.perso.cegetel.net/Table%20Radar.pdf .
Are these values based on the RP5 xls database? I dont have it now, so i cant compare it. Looks promising though. Good job. Did u alter the ECM values as well?
Precisely, which aircrafts are you flying ? What are your favourite F-16 Blocks ? Which Mirage are you flying, -5 only ?
We dont have a preference for anything particular. We fly Mirage 2KC and -5 as well.
Εικόνα

HAF ACTION - FULL ACTION
FRISKY RADIO
LantirN

Δημοσίευση από LantirN »

Mystic_J έγραψε:
Are these values based on the RP5 xls database? I dont have it now, so i cant compare it. Looks promising though. Good job. Did u alter the ECM values as well?
It seems that they used a better-newer database with different coeficients.

For example F-15C has other RCS than known.

Maybe they can explain us about these changes. :wink:
Εικόνα
The NIGHT is our Business...340M LANTIRN
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

Mystic_J έγραψε: Yes, we will define a Monday.
Great :).

Mystic_J έγραψε: We dont use Rapace Launcher, although I've seen it in Global Falcon. On the other hand, we could copy & paste your falconbms.cfg file in our root Falcon directory. That will ensure that our Config Editor is the same.
Copying falconbms.cfg file is a possibility. Yet I recommand using the RL as it is not only checking this file and it is also making easier the network settings management (bandwidth, host ip, ivc server ip, etc...).
Would you be ok to test it with us at this occasion ? :oops:
I'd also like to add that we would integrate greek translation for texts of the tool with pleasure ;).

Mystic_J έγραψε: Are these values based on the RP5 xls database? I dont have it now, so i cant compare it. Looks promising though. Good job. Did u alter the ECM values as well?
Mirage values were not in the RP5 manual. But for the whole look-down values (as we modified coeficient for all airborne radars), the look-down values we have are the RP5 one (in the result).
Actually this is a 2 factor problem that is making the LD out with the new radar code. There is also the possibility to not change LD coefficient and activate the RP5 radar code instead of the new one. We made the choice to use the last radar code, and change the LD factor to get back LD...
Till there we are satisfied with this choice.

ECM values are directly linked to the radar performance (radar looking through the ECM).
All aircrafts, absolutely all aircrafts have the same ECM, and there is no possibility to define a more powerfull ECM for an aircraft than for another :(. This is hardcoded, we have to do with.
The ECM burn through value depends on the radar you're using. The RP5 manual formula is still valid.

Mystic_J έγραψε: We dont have a preference for anything particular. We fly Mirage 2KC and -5 as well.

Roger. :)
Εικόνα
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

LantirN έγραψε: It seems that they used a better-newer database with different coeficients.

For example F-15C has other RCS than known.

Maybe they can explain us about these changes. :wink:
If I remember well F-15C value has been changed by Bad Boy. I don't remember exactly which performances we had before with this aircraft. I just remember we discussed about the realism and balance of the result, and we aggreed with the choice.
Εικόνα
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

VEAF squadron commanders have a meeting on 12th july. At this occasion they will establish a planning for nights dedicated to meetings with other wings or squadrons. :)

I'll propose you some dates once it is done ;).
Εικόνα
atsalis_p

Δημοσίευση από atsalis_p »

Hi Couby!

I 've been away from flights for many days due to work and some unexpected things.

According to OF setup we are ok for default 4.4.1, correct?

I hope those meetings nights want be Tuesdays and Thursdays :? I want be able to participate...

Is there a theatre that you prefer to operate? I 'm sure that if there was European you would love it

but what about now?

Can we do some preparetion for a "Cross country" mission to get to know each other?

atsalis_p
321vTS
Εικόνα
ALL GAVE SOME... BUT SOME GAVE ALL

Εικόνα
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

Hi Atsalis :)
atsalis_p έγραψε: According to OF setup we are ok for default 4.4.1, correct?
I think it will be 4.5 :oops:

atsalis_p έγραψε: I hope those meetings nights want be Tuesdays and Thursdays :? I want be able to participate...
It would be rather monday nights :).

atsalis_p έγραψε: Is there a theatre that you prefer to operate? I 'm sure that if there was European you would love it

but what about now?
As you whish :). Do you mean about Aegean ?

atsalis_p έγραψε: Can we do some preparetion for a "Cross country" mission to get to know each other?
I would say yes, but what do you mean exactly, each group preparing a mission ? :oops:
Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

Hi there Couby, our official setup right now is 4.4.1

We dont have 4.5 :| at all !
e-HAF Admin
LantirN

Δημοσίευση από LantirN »

He means that we can wait a little until the release of OF 4.5.
Εικόνα
The NIGHT is our Business...340M LANTIRN
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

Affirm :).

We'll propose you some dates after 12th july. So I think by this time 4.5 will be there for everybody ;). Crossing my fingers...

That is letting us the time to discuss about what to play.
Εικόνα
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

Would you be ok for a meeting monday 30th july ? :)
Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

any news from 4.5 ?

we still dont have it :|
e-HAF Admin
Απάντηση