This section is dedicated to our International <br>
English Language Speaking friends

Συντονιστής: Διαχείριση

Απάντηση
Wild Angel

Armament compatibility

Δημοσίευση από Wild Angel »

Hi all :)

Knowing that Greek Air Force uses both Mirage 2000-5Mk II and F-16blck 52+, I wondered if there was an operational capacity of using American armaments on Mirage, and French armaments on F-16 (air to air missiles above all).

And If you have pictures of such using, it would be great :wink:
Εικόνα
manik
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από manik »

As I know the only French aircraft that "worn" american armament in Hellenic A.F was the -now retired from service- Mirage F1CG. It was equiped with AIM-9P missiles (4 max).From rumors I have heard the cooperation between AIM-9P's and F1s radar was problematic.
-5 mk2's haven't been delivered yet to H.A.F. due to self-defence system problems.It is scheduled to be delivered sometime during spring this year.
The armament between 2k's and b.52+'s is incompatible and I don't think that H.A.F. is willing to pay for certification and alternation of the weapons to these aircrafts nor the the companies that make these weapons are because of industrial secrets.One weapon that can be used from the two types is IRIS-T that will be delivered this year to H.A.F. and will be used by b.52+'s.
:m2k: Eίμαι μόνο Μιραζάκιας :m2k:

Saitek X-52 HOTAS
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

i dont think HAF will try to make such patents in the future

due to the patents on the F-1c, trying to wear aim-9, we retired the aircraft before it actually comes to a retire time....

anyway....

we have money to throw away
e-HAF Admin
manik
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από manik »

Anzac έγραψε: due to the patents on the F-1c, trying to wear aim-9, we retired the aircraft before it actually comes to a retire time....
This wasn't the reason of the aircraft's retirement.
The aircaft indeed had about a decade of beneficial life if it was upgraded years earlier.
One propose was to be used for Air-To-Surface role wearing Exocets but that didn't happened! :( :(
:m2k: Eίμαι μόνο Μιραζάκιας :m2k:

Saitek X-52 HOTAS
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.
raptor
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από raptor »

According to Lockheed, the F-16 can carry the Magic-2 and the Mica... The 2k, no. :wink:
Εικόνα
Wild Angel

And according to Dassault, Mirage 2000-5mk2 can carry any NATO armament :)
Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

Wild Angel έγραψε:And according to Dassault, Mirage 2000-5mk2 can carry any NATO armament :)

tally visual !
:twisted:
e-HAF Admin
raptor
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από raptor »

Wild Angel έγραψε:And according to Dassault, Mirage 2000-5mk2 can carry any NATO armament :)

The F-16 IS certified for carring the Magic-2 a2a missile already. There are and published pictures on the net if you search.. I have also pictures-posters from the latest Defentory here in Greece from Lockheed, that analyse the F-16's armament and they have also and the Mica missile as a carring capability..

From the other side, i haven't seen yet any picture from a 2k /-5 carryng the AIM-9 and the Amraam a2a missiles.. I think also that Dassault is meanning as "NATO armament" some (US made) free-fall bombs (Mk-**) and some rocket pods.. I have pics from HAF M2ks carring these weapons..

If you have any more accurate infos for the 2k's it would be very interesting!

:roll:
Εικόνα
Wild Angel

There's a deep gap in France concerning communication, and a high level of secret.

So, about pics of Mirage2000 with US payloads, I think we'll have to wait for...a customer that needs to use both kinds on its plane.

I've heard about Mirage 2000EH carrying R27 Alamo and R73 Archer, but never saw a photo.
Εικόνα
raptor
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από raptor »

Wild Angel έγραψε:There's a deep gap in France concerning communication, and a high level of secret.

So, about pics of Mirage2000 with US payloads, I think we'll have to wait for...a customer that needs to use both kinds on its plane.

I've heard about Mirage 2000EH carrying R27 Alamo and R73 Archer, but never saw a photo.

Well, Dassault is a little bit of "somethink" when considering her's creations, i know that from first hand! :evil:

Alamo eeh!! :shock: :shock: Sure i would like to see that!

Maybe is not so difficult.. Iran had modified the Hawk G2A missile to be carried and performed from its F-14A Tomcats!!

AAAAA! I've found the mail attachments i had sent to Famas! If you give me your mail i could pass them over for you! :wink:
Εικόνα
Wild Angel

And about AG loads, what does he carry?
Mk 82...other MK?
BSU?
GBU12...and others?
Εικόνα
Kovamaniac
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Kovamaniac »

Rartor,it would be interesting if you posted the photos of the HAF M2000s with the US-A/G payload! :wink: :wink: :wink:
ΕικόναΕικόνα
Ειρωνεύτηκες τη γκαρσόνα??? Την έβαψες.........
Απάντηση