VFW needs your advice

This section is dedicated to our International <br>
English Language Speaking friends

Συντονιστής: Διαχείριση

Απάντηση
Cannon

Δημοσίευση από Cannon »

BullDog148th έγραψε:I am noticing two things AI's and sometimes clients in the same flight package have no undercarraige all clients set to bandwidth of 128.
Could you please explain more?
BullDog148th έγραψε:Also with clouds and when wetaher is bad there is a pause when ascending or descending which gets worse when an enemy is aircraft is within heater range. The pause will either be long at ten seconds or small at two seconds. Any ideas?
The only think that comes accross my mind, is insufficient upload bandwidth at the server's side.
BullDog148th έγραψε:at present anyone with OF4.7 and the server ip could join and potentially harm an entire flight in progress.
If you protect your TE with a password (at ROE's dialog box), I assume there won't be any security problem. :wink:
Κωνσταντίνος "Cannon" Οικονομίδης - SW4NLS
Εικόνα
condor
320 ΠΜ Ίκαρος/ 320FW Pilot

Δημοσίευση από condor »

Cannon έγραψε:
BullDog148th έγραψε:I am noticing two things AI's and sometimes clients in the same flight package have no undercarraige all clients set to bandwidth of 128.
Could you please explain more?
i think he means the landing gear...

for the second thing.. it could be graphics rendering.. (it has an old engine after all..)if it is only two sec's it is "ok"
Εικόνα
[marq=left] :C130: 322VTTS :arrow: HAF525[/marq]
BullDog148th

Δημοσίευση από BullDog148th »

Bandwidth stats for server are 81 Mb/s Down and 44 Mb/s Up. It only effects the Ai's the no landing gear but hey we can still fly it s a small thing. I have never applied a password to a TE before but will have a look at it. Just a shame there is no other security allready had a Viper join the campaign and move stuff around had to change the server IP but just goes to show there are a few that think its funny.

Changed the campaign weather to good and that has stopped the pause coming through the clouds.
Cannon

Δημοσίευση από Cannon »

Hi Bulldog!
I'm back from my vacations.
If you need any further assistance, we can arrange a TS meeting.

Cheers!
:)
Κωνσταντίνος "Cannon" Οικονομίδης - SW4NLS
Εικόνα
BullDog148th

Hi Cannon thanks everything is stable I do have a question do you think that having a dial up user in F4 Awacs would cause lag with all the other high speed guys flying a TE, we have two dial up members and they naturally can't participate on the server due to lag, but im hoping them using the OSC Awacs may be a way for them to participate?

BullDog
condor

Δημοσίευση από condor »

F4-Awacs is an independent program i don't think it would be a problem.. but again you could test it on your own..
Εικόνα
BullDog148th

Thank you Condor i think we will go ahead and try and test this out for the two dial up members we have. Now looking forward your co-operative flights with other VFW's are you reverting to a vanilla install for the flight?
condor

Δημοσίευση από condor »

it depends... we(e-haf) fly both AF and OF so we talk and we find a common setup to fly...
Εικόνα
BullDog148th

I may have a flight in the next few weeks that if i require a VFW to participate alongside i'd be proud to have you guys participate with four of your members it's a TE with twenty seats and we are running it as a server load test, I will keep you informed of developments I will also extend an invitation to Couby and the VEAF also.
condor

Δημοσίευση από condor »

a massive load test?? there are guys here that arrange this kind of meetings...(CO's & XO's) they should talk about this.. ;)
Εικόνα
Απάντηση