ONLINE SQUADRON COLLECTION v1.0b (including F4AWACS v1.3b)

This section is dedicated to our International <br>
English Language Speaking friends

Συντονιστής: Διαχείριση

Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

ONLINE SQUADRON COLLECTION v1.0b (including F4AWACS v1.3b)

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

Εικόνα

ONLINE SQUADRON COLLECTION v1.3.0b

Download link:
http://www.e-haf.org/mambo/index.php?op ... nfo&id=142

ONLINE SQUADRON COLLECTION is a group of programs, aiming to be used mainly by an online squadron (but not only by them). The package currently includes:

VALIDATOR : A simple program that validates your setup against a "prototype" one, to make sure that everyone that is going to fly online, will have the same setup and F4Patch options.

F4AWACS : The well known program that displays the air activity inside a Falcon 4 sim. Many new features added, including the ability to display "AI Pilots" , and the ability to record the traffic and play it back later.

F4AWACSSIM : A simulator for F4AWACS (generates simulated pilots).

You can read the User's guide for a better description of the programs, from :
http://www.e-haf.org/f4awacs/OnLineSqua ... _Guide.pdf
(although it is included in the installation package).

As you noticed, this is a beta release, so I'm looking forward for your comments and suggestions.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος Anzac την 22 Μαρ 2007, 11:39, έχει επεξεργασθεί 5 φορές συνολικά.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

By Monster:
As far the AF is concerned...

Ara, I think the goal here is to have fun and try to get the max out of your favorite sim. I couldn't care less, if I was ignored by LP. I made this for everyone that uses Falcon 4 (AF is a form of Falcon 4, correct?), so I'll try to display those AI pilots, to AF users...

So, here's a link for the modified AISPY (thanks 185drummer for the info):

http://www.e-haf.org/f4awacs/OnLineSqua ... SPY_AF.zip

Just unzip it to the installation directory, and use this one instead AISPY.exe.

I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS GONNA WORK!!!! I don't have AF so I can't check it out. Please let me know....
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος Anzac την 09 Οκτ 2006, 08:12, έχει επεξεργασθεί 1 φορά συνολικά.
e-HAF Admin
Monster
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Monster »

EDIT: Update is actually outdated. See first post for up to date patch.

I made a patch to OSC v1.0b which you can find here :
http://www.e-haf.org/f4awacs/OnLineSqua ... 1.0.1b.zip

It fixes some bugs discovered in SQSERVER and adds two things to F4AWACS:

-The way the cursor is displayed has changed. Now the cursor is displayed by clicking with left mouse button and moving the mouse while left button is pressed.
-An "AI Callsign List" was added. All contacts are presumed hostile, except the ones that you select in that list. These are presumed friendly and they are displayed differently.
Σάκης "Monster" Γκιόκας
391 SQ Pilot
315 SQ CO
Εικόνα
eutoposWildcat

Δημοσίευση από eutoposWildcat »

Hello Greek friends :D !

It has been a long time since I last posted here, as I was pretty busy.

As for F4AWACS, it is wonderful: it perfectly works and we (the EC10.235) are really delighted with it. Thanks again for that great software! :wink:

However, we get problems with AISPY: the software itself runs smoothly, but we got some bugs in Falcon 4.0 (airfields or objects appearing where they should not be, and our planes appearing in buildings when we enter the 3D world) that seem to relate to the fact that the computer which is used as Falcon 4.0 server (and runs AISPY, so) does not enter the 3D world and stays in 2D.
Do you encounter the same kind of problem?
Εικόνα
raptor
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από raptor »

I don't think that AISPY has to do with these problems... But Monster will tell for sure... :wink:
Εικόνα
Monster
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Monster »

Thanks EutoposWildcat for your kind words...

As far as your problem is concerned, I can't think how AISPY could affect the position of objects in 3D world.

The program reads the computer memory and keeps the needed information which it sends to the SQSERVER. Then, it replaces some bytes in the memory to mark these data as read. The replacements are being done to some text variables that have nothing to do with objects.

I never noticed anything similar to my test, but you can never be sure. Please verify that these errors occur only when AISPY is running and let me know.
Σάκης "Monster" Γκιόκας
391 SQ Pilot
315 SQ CO
Εικόνα
eutoposWildcat

Δημοσίευση από eutoposWildcat »

Thanks for answers. :wink:

Actually, I do not think that there is any problem with AISPY itself. The way it works means that it is not likely to affect 3D objects, and your softwares are finely and properly programed, Monster, I reckon that :wink: .

The matter seems to come from the fact that, when we use AISPY, the Falcon 4.0 server has to stay in 2D (so that AISPY can get AI positions), and never goes into flight.

So our problems does not come from AISPY, but from stability of the game when the Falcon 4.0 server does not get into a plane, and stays in 2D, on the map.

Do you get some problems in that case?

And how do you succeed in keeping the game stable when the Falcon 4.0 server stays in 2D?
Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

sorry for that

you can check them again

they are correct now!
e-HAF Admin
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

Hi everybody :)

I'm Couby from the VEAF (Virtual European Air Force www.veaf.org).

Last week with the VEAF we organised a LAN on the Mont-de-Marsan Airbase (BA118) in France.

During this LAN we had the chance to get some real GCI playing with us, using F4Awacs. That was defenitely awesome ! :oops: What is giving us a new dimension for our FoF flights, what is the mainframe of our activity.

After this experience, our GCI friends asked us if there were any possibilities to improve F4Awacs.

That's why I'm posting here :oops: .

Before asking for more, I just would simply like to know if F4Awacs is still under developpement, and if we have some possibilities to ask for some new features ?
Mystic_J
320 ΠΜ Ίκαρος/ 320FW Pilot
320 ΠΜ Ίκαρος/ 320FW Pilot

Δημοσίευση από Mystic_J »

Αt the moment F4AWACS is concentrated on OF. That is, the creator is trying to improve F4AWACS in order to optimize the new features of OF. That is partially done. In fact, F4AWACS works fine with OF. There are some minor issues.

Did u fly with AF?

Monster will provide more comprehensive answers.
Εικόνα

HAF ACTION - FULL ACTION
FRISKY RADIO
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

EXCELLENT !

Actually we flown and are flying with OF :!:

There is only Aispy that isn't working, but our flights were mainly only HvsH :).

Waiting impatiently for this update :oops: .

Happy to read this is still under developpement :) .

So are there possibilities in the futur, after the coming update, to ask for some new features ?
Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anzac
Administrator
Administrator
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Anzac »

Nice to see you again dear Couby, and let me give you my congrats about the lan meeting in the Airbase ;)

I will give monster a notice to check out your questions

;)
e-HAF Admin
Couby
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Couby »

Anzac έγραψε:Nice to see you again dear Couby, and let me give you my congrats about the lan meeting in the Airbase ;)
Thanks for your welcome Anzac :).
This LAN was a big project, I've been working on it since more than two years. Reports will come in the coming weeks, I'll pay attention to make english translations ;).

Anzac έγραψε: I will give monster a notice to check out your questions

;)
Thanks a lot :).
Εικόνα
Απάντηση